The following statements refer to experiences that many people have in their everyday lives. Place an X in the box that best describes HOW MUCH that experience has DISTRESSED or BOTHERED you during the PAST MONTH.
The numbers refer to the following verbal labels:
2. I check things more often than necessary.
3.I get upset if objects are not arranged properly.
4. I feel compelled to count while I am doing things.
5. I find it difficult to touch an object when I know it has been touched by strangers or certain people.
6. I find it difficult to control my own thoughts.
7. I collect things I don’t need.
8. I repeatedly check doors, windows, drawers, etc.
9. I get upset if others change the way I have arranged things.
10. I feel I have to repeat certain numbers.
11. I sometimes have to wash or clean myself simply because I feel contaminated.
12. I am upset by unpleasant thoughts that come into my mind against my will.
13. I avoid throwing things away because I am afraid I might need them later.
14. I repeatedly check gas and water taps and light switches after turning them off.
15. I need things to be arranged in a particular order.
16. I feel that there are good and bad numbers.
17. I wash my hands more often and longer than necessary.
18. I frequently get nasty thoughts and have difficulty in getting rid of them.